Friday, December 26, 2008

#5 Camera Perspective "Exponential Distance”

Macro Photography. Quite possibly the area of photography with the largest abuse factor, anywhere. Everyone is doing it, mainly, because everyone can. You don’t have to know squat about taking photos, and you can do it with any camera available(I would even go so far as to say you can do it with your vintage phone cameras).

If you still don’t know what I am talking about, check out wiki.

Granted, some make great macro photos. Most of those “great macros” are “great” due to the fact that portray something hard to take a photo of(be it ‘cause of rarity, distance, or the inability of the little bugger to remain still).

Now, what is left for those of that don’t have a rainforest in the backyard? We are left to use more common items, thus making it something that’s been done over a few millions of times. So, we have to be creative.

The trick for today is turning you ordinary run-of-the-mill macro photos into something a bit less run-of-the-mill, by using an interesting perspective. I bring you, exhibit A:

piano rollYea yea, I know, I have a little red stuff ruining the composition, but the color is not what we are here for. Notice, the diagonal point-of-view. It gives us the exponential growth from far to near, hence the title(I guess I need a tutorial on making titles).

You get this by placing the camera very near one end of the subject, in this case, the last key, and snapping it.

Stab_by_NebojsaC You can do this with pretty much anything. If not, then I am sure you can come up with another interesting perspective. I will be adding more of them in the future.

*Cue Murder in Elm Street soundtrack*

It’s good looking at stuff from different perspectives. Go ahead. I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment